May 18, 2021
- New file copier that offers faster performance and powers several of the new features noted below.
- Compare: Offers a visual comparison of your task's source and destination, and provides details if the differences are the result of a task filter.
- The new Dashboard offers one-click access to starting, stopping and monitoring your CCC tasks, plus details about recent task activity. The Dashboard also gives you a heads up to snapshot disk usage on the startup disk.
- Postflight verification of files that were copied by the current backup task.
- Ad hoc verification of files that were copied by the current task — source or destination.
- The Snapshot Navigator allows you to step through older versions of your backups and get a preview of your files as they were at specific points in time.
- Quick Update decreases the length of the backup by comparing a reduced list of folders provided by the macOS FSEvents service.
- New scheduling option to run a task when a threshold of modifications have been made on the source.
- Backup audit shows what was copied by your backup tasks, and why.
- Dark Mode support.
- Task Preview: See what changes CCC is going to make before actually making them.
- Per-task control over the file copier's CPU usage.
- You can temporarily pause a backup task.
- A new, cleaner user interface. We reorganized the main window to make it smaller while making many of the controls and font sizes larger.
- Refined Simple Mode – quitting and reopening CCC to switch modes is no longer necessary.
- More detailed progress indication while a task is running, including a time remaining estimate.
- File processing and transfer rates are now charted live during backup tasks.
- Items that cause task errors can be excluded directly from the Task History Errors table.
- CCC's Task Filter now offers support for respecting macOS "backupd" exclusions (i.e. exclusions defined for Time Machine).
October 16, 2020 [macOS Big Sur qualification]
August 20, 2019 [macOS Catalina qualification]
September 17, 2018 [macOS Mojave qualification]
Carbon Copy Cloner 5.1
April 24, 2018
Carbon Copy Cloner 5.0
August 24, 2017 [macOS High Sierra qualification]
Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.10
September 16, 2016 [macOS Sierra qualification]
Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.4
September 1, 2015 [OS X El Capitan qualification]
Carbon Copy Cloner 4.0
October 1, 2014 [Mac OS X Yosemite qualification]
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.5.3
October 22, 2013
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.5
July 20, 2012
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.4
July 20, 2011
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.3
September 21, 2009
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.2
March 18, 2009
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.1
March 24, 2008
Carbon Copy Cloner 3.0
September 18, 2007
Carbon Copy Cloner 2.3
October 23, 2003
Carbon Copy Cloner 2.0
November 19, 2002
Carbon Copy Cloner 1.0
January 18, 2002